The Money Is In The List
How many times have you heard that? Reason is, it’s true. I recall when I was looking to sell my business a few years ago that the only thing people were interested in before anything else was the size and quality of my database. Why? Because that is whom you market to: it’s where your money comes from. Same in the online world. So pretend you’re at school and write that statement out a hundred times until it is second nature!
To help you build your list, here are 7 tips for you.
• The more you make your content relevant to your audience the more likely they will be to read it and share it
• How do you know what THEY find relevant?
• Ask them! Now there’s a novel thought. Do a survey – ask them what they want to read
• Review your stats – what have people viewed most on your site?
• Subscribe to successful competitor sites and see what they write about for some ideas
- Let Them Join
• How many subscription boxes are on your sites? Think about where best to put them but have more than one lonely one!
• In the middle/end/beginning of a post
• Pop up as they leave
- Pop ups
• They can be annoying but they are still effective ways to get people on your list
• Entrance pop
• Click pop
• Exit pop
- Entice People
• Offer something of value to them in exchange for a subscription• More than just “subscribe to my newsletter”
• Create a unique free offer that shows how good your future communication will be
• Can you offer past issues of a newsletter or a chapter of a book or something similar?
- Viral eBook
• A standard e-book may cut it
• Better yet create a solid product that people will think “wow” – a compilation of your past best blog posts, a set of interviews you’ve had with industry leaders, think larger than usual.
• People may even be prepared to buy it.
• Promote the big offer to other marketers for their clients
- Write Articles
• First create a product eg an email series of e-classes
• Then write an article about the topic of the classes
• Put a link and offer in your author bio in the article
• Submit to directories, other blogs, document sites
- Create Sales Page
• Practice your copywriting
• Create a sales page for your newsletter or email tip series or whatever you provide people who sign up
• Make it sound like a product
• Offer them to receive it for free
Like these tips? Get my free 70 page list building report … https://redhotinternetmarketing.com/blog/list-building