It’s a question a ton of people ask me and an expert once told me the answer … anytime. In other words just send regularly and worry about getting that as a habit before worrying about finessing timing etc. He was spot on. This research demonstrates that a lot of people are still sending once oa month OR LESS!
For more insights and key takeaways from expert research into email marketing:
One thing I found interesting was that around 9.5 billion emails are circulating YET the majority of people are sending once a month or less! Talk about leaving money on the table.
Top 5 Email Marketing Tips
Based on these findings:
- send emails at weekends from time to time to test click through rates
- send emails on Thursday mornings BUT …
- make sure the content is great value because highest unsubscribes were also early morning!
- the more links throughout your email the greater the chance of click through
- send more frequently to increase familiarity and reduce unsubscribes
Send emails regularly!
Make them highly relevant.
Make them high value.
Once you do that, then you can fine-tune.