I haven’t used Evernote as much as I want but on my journey to optimising my cloud based road warrior scenario I found a few things that Evernote can be used for:
- capturing details of business cards – scan or grab image or note text details
- record receipts for expenses and tracking
- trap travel plans and itineraries, accommodation, maps etc
- books I want to read – one day!
- health insurance and medical reminders
- gift ideas I spot around
- client documents i might need
- pdf books I may want to read in ‘dead’ time eg at airports
- projects I’m working on and research I find related to them
- official documents eg domain name registration dates etc
I don’t use it for to-do’s because I now use the NeverMind app (it’s unreal!). There are more things I’m sure I can use Evernote for as I discover it more.
The trick I’m already finding is to be clear on what you want to use it for and be consistent in using it.