An exploding issue in the online world is the use of material which is protected. All original material is protected by copyright law. Yet people fail to pay heed to that and blindly re-use information and images.
Similarly, if you are repurposing content written by others for which you have rights to use, you need to make sure that it is not a blind copy, or face the consequences from search engines who will either slap you or not reward you for lack of originality.
Here is a list of tools which can help you with both of these scenarios. Most if not all cost nothing to use.
- Copyscape (check your website for replicated content)
- Plagiarism Detector
- Article Checker
- Numly (not a checker but register your item for proof of copyright – they also have a wordpress plugin to automate the process)
- Plagiarism Checker
- iThenticate (limited to scholarly journals)
- WCopyFind Software
- Glatt Plagiarism.com (self.detect tool)
- Catch It First (3 free tests only)
- Dustball plagiarism.checker