Broken links or outdated links can really harm your SEO efforts. Getting ranked is problematic if search engines see lots of 404’s and more being returned.
A 404 page exists to acknowledge an error. It usually occurs when a link is wrongly-typed, a post has been moved, or a page or post was deleted. Consequently, the server can’t find the page or post and so serves up the “page not found”.
Named after the legendary jazz singer, Billie Holliday, WordPress 4.3 is now up and running.
There are a five improvements I really appreciate:
- You can use a hashtag # to signify a headline when typing into the editor
- You can use an asterix as a shortcut for a bullet point.
- It’s much easier to keep a consistent brand – by placing your logo or icon in the Customizer it will populate browser tabs, bookmarks and more no matter what theme you switch to
- Beefing up the Customizer a tad more, you can now set up menus in it
- What I really love is that when you create a Page, comments are automatically turned OFF – yayy! No more forgetting to manually turn them off
Definitely update asap. It’s a better WordPress with some very useful tools and we hope more secure with its improved password functionality too.
Today was one of those days.
I planned to complete a project. Then I had a minor issue on a website. Then I started searching for a solution. That led me to making improvements to two of my websites. And absorbing about 4 hours of my time!
Getting your Facebook posts to show up in WordPress is highly useful. Number 1 – it provides content that is fresh for your website, and, 2 it brings people from FB from your site and vice versa.
The blog I have WEBFOLIO installed on has been getting rusty and I noticed yesterday that the Featured Slider had some old dated content.
So here is how to remove any content from the slider.
It’s VERY rare for a theme to be specifically developed to meet the needs of a rather ‘niched’ market like authors.
The Book-Snapper theme for WordPress has been released and clever self-publishing authors are taking advantage
of it’s power and simplicity
Can People Easily Access Your Files?
WordPress Users: Do this now
– enter your website address in your browser with /wp-content/uploads at the end.
If you can see anything like what you see in this image …