Making money online can be challenging. Yet creating your own information products is a terrific way to make money and keep all the profits. Of course, you need to create products that will appeal to your audience and keep them engaged.
Here are 7 ways to help you do just that! Notes from the video follow below.
- Keep a notebook and pen or pencil with you all the time. Digital is fine so long as it’s available always and you use the same app. Inspiration pops up anywhere, anytime and you want to capture it and be able to use it. Once it is gone, there is no guarantee you will ever think of it again!
- Accept any idea that comes by you. Avoid the temptation to edit your ideas for products. What seems out of reach today may make a lot of sense tomorrow.
- Think about your interests, pastimes, hobbies. Begin there for ideas. Without too much effort you could easily come up with at least ten good ideas for a product for anything you’re involved in.
- What about your previous jobs or career? Think about what stories you know and how your working experience could make good content for an information product. Non-fiction products sell quite well and there is always demand for most work topics.
- Where do you live? Take a look around your own neighbourhood. Notice everything – landscaping, housing, fashion, garden ornaments – something will pop into your head as a possibility.
- While you’re thinking about how you spend your time, think about those around you. What are their hobbies and interests? There may be something there that could be developed into a great product.
- Check out the headlines on TV or News channels online or in print. Current events can spark an idea that is not only timely but likely to get some attention. Remember Y2k and the survival movement?
An Extra Tip For You
When did you last head into your local library? Scan the shelves and you will likely find something that would make a great product offering – and if it’s been written about a few times, there is likely to be a market.
Want to find out some really cool ways to research a likely product idea? Go to my blog post for more …
Keep an eye for another 7 Tips coming soon. In the meantime, start noticing product idea opportunities that pop by!