Here are a few key tips from Ryan Deiss on what his team have found works best when implementing video sales letters.
- video sales letters convert well and are easier
- make them 12-24 minutes
- make them auto play
- don’t have controls
- sentences out pull bullet point presentations
- the higher the price the prettier he page
- tech and b2b might need more sophistication
- cold traffic suits basic plain presentation but put a logo on it
- simple works for cold traffic (headline, video, buy button)
- long works better with warm traffic (above plus text version below)
- borderless videos work better
- hide the buy button until the video nearly finished
The key message from Ryan : test, test, test. Not all things work for all people and trends can change quickly. These key points are working for him right now so it seems worth following his lead.